Among the pantheon of BMW sports cars, perhaps one of the most-beautiful from the famous marque is the E9 generation of cars produced from 1968-1975. BMW would offer several variants based on different engine displacements and trim levels. The most known and recognized would be the 3.0 CS/CSi/CSL models.
What made the E9 so special was the drop-dead good looks courtesy of Karmann, a specialty German coachbuilder responsible for the iconic design, as well as the racing success of the CSL which provided the foundation for successive European Touring Car championships from 1975-1979. The E9 clearly would establish BMW as a true sports car manufacturer and lay the groundwork for the E30 M3 to continue this winning heritage.
Among the New Class of BMWs, the E9 is arguably the most successful and comely of models with the perfect proportions, graceful lines, and ideal performance. BMW got it just right out of the box with the E9 and this particular 1973 3.0 CS, available in Hawaii.
It benefits from a two-year restoration including bare-metal respray in a gorgeous and unique BMW Marakesh Brown Metallic over black leather, new interior, exhaust, and trim. To emphasize its sporting nature, a CSL front valance and driving lights were added, along with a color-matched rear bumper. This car looks ready to drive and is offered on Craigslist for $32,000.
Model: 3.0 CS
Engine: 3.0 twin-carb inline-six cylinder
Transmission: 4-speed manual
This is a rare opportunity to own what some say “the nicest BMW ever built”. I have here one of only a handful BMW E9 Karmann bodied Coupes, a 1973 BMW 3.0 CS, which is the bigger brother to the 2002 that most people know. This car cost over $11,000 back in 1973, which to put it into perspective is more than a Pantera! This particular car went through a 2 year restoration, where we did a bare metal respray in BMW Marakesh Brown Metallic. All seats were reupholstered, new carpeting, new steering, new silencer and exhaust, various trim pieces and more. You will not be disappointed. Genuine BMW parts were used. I have receipts for $30,000. It has a 3L inline 6 cylinder with dual carbs and a 4 speed manual transmission. This is a genuine investmant car, that will keep going up in value. I’ve also added a CSL Airdam, color matched rear bumper, Hella NOS rear fog light & Hella Driving lights. PLEASE SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY with cash available. May consider partial trade, but must be European, and must be stick shift. Let me know what you have. Maybe a nice VW bus, a Citroen, Land Rover Defender or… let me know what you have. No projects or rust buckets though. email this listing or call me at 808 nine nine zzero sevven 2 sevven sevven. Mahalo!
Some of the new parts that were installed:
– rebuilt calipers
– new master cylinder
– new brake pads
– sound deadening mat
– new interior carpet set (black)
– new lap-belts seat belts
– Fiberglass Air dam
– Fiberglass rear bumper
– NOS sun visors
– New sun visor pivots
– Under hood insulation
– Original European Warning triangle (NOS)
– New front Cocomats
– Modern Stereo with Bluetooth & iPod (mounted in glove box) — original radio still in center console
– Hella 500 driving lights (back covers painted in body color)
– Hella NOS Rear Fog light
– Italian turn signal lenses
– All new remade sticker sets (tire pressure, etc)
– New front and rear BMW Rondels (OEM)
– New sunroof weather-strip (OEM)
– New covers for door panel holes
– New Chrome hood grills (OEM)
– New quarter panel grills in chrome (OEM)
– New Wiper motor (OEM)
– New drivers door mirror (OEM)
– New Hazard Switch (OEM)
– New Rearview Mirror (OEM)
– New Defrost Switch (OEM)
– New OEM CSL Air dam mounting plate
– New OEM Fuel Pump
– New wiper arms OEM
– New Door panel Arm Support brackets (NOS)
– New AC Compressor Bushings (AC works great)
– New Rubber Fuel Lines
– New OEM Door Rubber Seals (both doors)
– New OEM Rubber Trunk Seal
– Total of 4 dimple keys, 2 of which are BMW original Pebra keys with logo.